Sunday, September 30, 2012

One possible sign you're doctrinally obsessed...

"Come on Dad.... it's just a song!"
   My 4 year old daughter was singing again (she loves to sing, and we love her little voice!) and one of her favorite songs is "Jesus loves the little children".  So the second line goes "All the children of the world...";  and of course, I couldn't help thinking:  "All the children?  What about the reprobate?  Is this song Arminian? (Gasp!)  Am I unwittingly teaching my daughter Unlimited Atonement?  Ahhhhh!!!!" How crazy is that?  But of course, I can't stop thinking about it, and after some deep soul searching and intense exegesis of this preschool song, I finally found resolution in the context... "Red and Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in His sight"!  So obviously the writer (Clare Herbert Woolston (1856-1927)) was intending to communicate the wonderful inclusion of the Gentiles, of all races, under the New Covenant, not any Arminian nonsense, right?  Or am I grasping at straws?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments worthy of the calling with which Christ calls us!